BEFORE YOU ADOPT, PLEASE CONSIDER:
- Are you prepared for a lifetime commitment to this animal?
- Do you have any other pets at home? How might they react?
- Do you currently have children? Are you planning on having any in the future?
- What will happen to your pet if you move? Who will look after them when you go on vacation?
- Who will take the pet if your current relationship changes or if something happens to you?
- What are your plans for training?
- Have you done any breed research?
- What pet-personality is the best fit for your lifestyle?
- How will you afford vet care? Have you considered pet insurance?
Take a few minutes and read these articles to help you make sure you're ready.
Our adoption fees are all-inclusive. They cover their veterinary exam when they first come to WAG, the first set of vaccinations, spaying or neutering, and any other necessary medical treatment.
- Puppies (under 1 year)…$375 + PST
- Adult Dog (1 -7 years)…$250 + PST
- Senior Dog (over 7 years)…$85 + PST
- Kittens (under 1 year)…$150 + PST
- Adult Cat (1 -7 years)…$125 + PST
- Senior Cat (over 7 years)…$65 + PST
*PST is British Columbia's Provincial Sales Tax. WAG is required to charge it on all adoption fees. The PST is currently at a rate of 7%.
We welcome adopters from out of town! Please contact us for more information.
For all adoption inquiries please speak with one of our staff. This will ensure you receive a customized and personalized adoption experience with our qualified and professional staff, that focuses on you!
When you decide that adoption is right for you, our commitment is to find the animal that best matches your personality, lifestyle, and experience through our unique MATCHMAKER PROGRAM
THE WAG MATCHMAKER PROGRAM
We want your adoption to succeed, not just for a day, but for a lifetime! We know that every animal and every home is unique, so we created the Matchmaker Program. Thanks to this thorough approach, we have an excellent success rate in placing animals with their Forever Homes.
Let us know what you are looking for. If you need help with this step, please stop by the shelter during our open hours with your general questions. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See the animals available for adoption! The best place is on our website, or you can stop by the shelter and check out their adoption profiles. If you would like to discuss adoption in detail, or you would like to meet a particular animal, please contact us or speak with our Adoptions Coordinator, so we can book you an appointment and focus completely on you!
Fill out one of our QUESTIONNAIRES making sure to take time and answer all questions in as much detail as possible. This will help us determine the best animal to match with your lifestyle. Submit your application via fax, email, or drop it off at the shelter.
Be patient! We will review your questionnaire and call you to discuss the suitability of the match.
When we find your Perfect Match, we will book an Adoption Appointment. This is a customized session designed to set you up for success! We will provide information to help ensure the smoothest transition possible for your new family member from shelter to home. Some animals will be ready to go to their new homes at this time, others may need a few informational/bonding sessions first!
Before you bring home your new pet, refer to these helpful guides:
AFTER YOU ADOPT
We are there to help! Do not hesitate to contact us for support, advice, or just to give us an update! We are here to support the transition for you and your new family member, and can provide lots of resources. Adoption is life changing... for you and the animal!