WAG’s Adoption Process
THE WAG MATCHMAKER PROGRAM
We want your adoption to succeed, not just for a day, but for a lifetime!
We know that every animal and every home is unique, so we created the WAG Matchmaker Program.
Thanks to this thorough approach, we have an excellent success rate in placing animals with their Forever Homes.
- Are you prepared for a lifetime commitment?
- Do you have other animals? How might they react?
- Do you have, or are you planning on having, children?
- What will happen to the animal if you move?
- Who will look after them when you go on vacation?
- If your current relationship changes or if something happens to you, who will look after them?
- What are your plans for training?
- What personality best fits your lifestyle?
- How will you afford vet care?
- Have you considered pet insurance?
Adoption is a lifetime commitment to that animal - make sure you are ready!
WAG can receive a high volume of applications for our puppies and kittens, so please be patient!
Applicants will be considered on a first come, first served basis, ONCE we have received your application. If you are ready to adopt a puppy or a kitten, we recommend having your application already filled out and monitor our website daily. If you see a puppy or kitten that is available and may interest you, deliver your application ASAP.
Delivery options include:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax:(604) 935-8328
- Drop off during open hours (Friday through Sunday, 1pm to 4pm)
- Drop off during closed hours (We have a secure drop box next to our front door! This will be checked daily by staff.)
- Puppies (under 1 year)…$375 + PST
- Adult Dog (1 -7 years)…$250 + PST
- Senior Dog (over 7 years)…$85 + PST
- Kittens (under 1 year)…$200 + PST
- Adult Cat (1 -7 years)…$125 + PST
- Senior Cat (over 7 years)…$65 + PST
*PST is British Columbia's Provincial Sales Tax. WAG is required to charge it on all adoption fees. The PST is currently at a rate of 7%.
Our adoption fees are all-inclusive. Every animal receives:
- A full veterinary exam upon arrival at WAG
- Up-to-date basic vaccinations
- Spay or neuter surgery
- Regular parasite control (intestinal parasites, fleas, lice, and more)
- If needed, additional medical treatment
For all adoption inquiries please speak with one of our staff. This will ensure you receive a customized and personalized adoption experience with our qualified and professional staff, that focuses on you!
When you decide that adoption is right for you, our commitment is to find the animal that best matches your personality, lifestyle, and experience.
Amy Lobb, Adoptions Coordinator
Let Amy help you find your puuurfect match!