WAG’s Adoption Process
THE WAG MATCHMAKER PROGRAM
We want your adoption to succeed, not just for a day, but for a lifetime! We know that every animal and every home is unique, so we created the Matchmaker Program. Thanks to this thorough approach, we have an excellent success rate in placing animals with their Forever Homes.
Learn about the animals available for adoption! The best place is on our website, or you can stop by the shelter and check out the adoption profiles. If you would like to discuss adoption in detail, or you would like to meet a particular animal, please contact us or speak with our Adoption Coordinator, so we can book you an appointment and focus completely on you!
Fill out one of our Applications, making sure to take time and answer all questions in as much detail as possible. This will help us determine the best animal to match with your lifestyle. Submit your application via fax, email, or drop it off at the shelter.
Be patient! We will review your application and call you to discuss the suitability of the match.
When we find your Perfect Match, we will book an Adoption Appointment. This is a customised session designed around the animal you may adopt. We will provide information to help ensure the smoothest transition possible for your new family member from shelter to home. Some animals will be ready to go to their new homes at this time, others may need a few informational/bonding sessions first!
PUPPY AND KITTEN ADOPTIONS:
WAG can receive a high volume of applications for our puppies and kittens, so please be patient!
Applicants will be considered on a first come, first served basis, ONCE we have received your application. If you are ready to adopt a puppy or a kitten, we recommend having your application already filled out and monitor our website daily. If you see a puppy or kitten that is available and may interest you, deliver your application ASAP.
Delivery options include:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax:(604) 935-8328
- Drop off during open hours (Friday through Sunday, 1pm to 4pm)
- Drop off during closed hours (We have a secure drop box next to our front door! This will be checked daily by staff.)
BEFORE YOU ADOPT!
- Are you prepared for a lifetime commitment?
- Do you have other animals? How might they react?
- Do you have, or are you planning on having, children?
- What will happen to the animal if you move?
- Who will look after them when you go on vacation?
- If your current relationship changes or if something happens to you, who will look after them?
- What are your plans for training?
- What personality best fits your lifestyle?
- How will you afford vet care?
- Have you considered pet insurance?
Adoption is a lifetime commitment to that animal - make sure you are ready!
- Puppies (under 1 year)…$375 + PST
- Adult Dog (1 -7 years)…$250 + PST
- Senior Dog (over 7 years)…$85 + PST
- Kittens (under 1 year)…$200 + PST
- Adult Cat (1 -7 years)…$125 + PST
- Senior Cat (over 7 years)…$65 + PST
*PST is British Columbia's Provincial Sales Tax. WAG is required to charge it on all adoption fees. The PST is currently at a rate of 7%.
Our adoption fees are all-inclusive. Every animal receives:
- A full veterinary exam upon arrival at WAG
- Up-to-date basic vaccinations
- Spay or neuter surgery
- Regular parasite control (intestinal parasites, fleas, lice, and more)
- If needed, additional medical treatment
For all adoption enquiries please speak with one of our staff. This will ensure you receive a customised and personalised adoption experience with our qualified and professional staff, that focuses on you!
When you decide that adoption is right for you, our commitment is to find the animal that best matches your personality, lifestyle, and experience through our unique MATCHMAKER PROGRAM