Did you know?!
FEBRUARY IS BLACK DOG & CAT AWARENESS MONTH?!
WHY, you may ask, do black dogs and cats need an awareness month?
THEY ARE THE LEAST LIKELY TO GET ADOPTED – SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK!
That’s not fair! In fact, that’s discrimination… So let’s spread the word and help change their worlds!
WAG’s sweet 16… despite this girls’ age, diabetes, and blindness, she loves life, food, cuddles, and a warm bed by the heater. Not much stops this girl, including stairs and dogs, and she will find you in the house, no matter where you are! Even in the bathroom…
Her favourite position to sleep is on her back. Her favorite treats are Temptations. She is a purr-machine! If you scratch her chin in the right spot, she thumps her hind leg, like a dog
If you think you can give Lizzy the retirement she deserves, contact us!
TOP TEN REASONS TO ADOPT A BLACK CAT
- You’ll save money on their Halloween costumes
9. You can always find them in the snow
8. Holding a black cat is very slimming
7. Black cats will match any decor
6. A lint brush isn’t required for a black-tie affair
5. When you love a black cat luck is on your side
4. Black cats are like onyx—a beautiful gem.
3. They don’t care what color you are!
2. Some research suggests black cats are friendlier
And the number 1 reason:
They are the least likely to be adopted!