Are you under 19 and looking for ways to help WAG? We have some great ideas!
- Create a piece of artwork and donate it to a WAG silent auction.
- Put together a pet food bank at your school. Collect dog and cat food and donate it to animals in need.
- Make a poster for the WAG shelter explaining what WAG does in the community.
- Create a poster for WAG about:
- The importance of having id for pets
- Whistler’s leashing rules
- Picking up poop
- Dogs in the back of pick-up trucks
- Dogs on tethers
- Spay and neuter
- Antifreeze poisoning
- Animal care
- Write a letter to your local government on why protecting animals is important to you.
- Host a Bake Sale, Lemonade Stand, Car Wash, or BBQ for WAG.
- Host a loonies for love campaign at your school, or with a sports team.
- Create and send out 5 thank you cards to people that have supported you this year.
- Create an animal adoption poster for an animal in the shelter- help to find them a home.
- Interview a local vet and write a column on what you learn about their job. Send it to local papers.
- Toy drive-have kids at your school make or donate toys for the animals.
- Reading Club-Create a reading club for kids to read a book a week to their pets.
- Create a commercial for WAG to post on YouTube or Facebook.
Feel free to come up with your own ideas too!
We LOVE to recognize our young supporters with a customized Official Donation Certificate, a visit with an animal (if possible), photos, and a thank you on our social media!