Breed: Labrador/Husky mix
Age: 7 months old
Size: Medium, but growing still!
Energy Level: Very high
Training Goals: Post adoption training session mandatory, Johnny will need help to learn basic manners as well as helping him adjust to his new environment
House trained? Working on it!
Kids? 10+ years, home needs to be a calm environment
Cats? No, I will chase them
Medical Needs: Basic vaccinations will need to be finished, then keeping up with routine care
I am a young pup who still has LOTS to learn! I have been loving being at WAG, I go out for awesome adventures, I get to go to the river, smell lots, pee on lots and see new things.
I am a very energetic boy, I love to do zoomies, I jump up on you when I am excited, the girls are helping me remember
that isn't polite.
I'm just beginning to get used to be indoors, it takes me a long time to settle inside, even longer if it's a place I've never been before. I can be a bit of a busy body and will need supervision or I may be tempted to chew something I'm not supposed to. That being said, if you're around and not paying attention to me, I may bug you until you do. I can still be a little mouthy when I am playing, lots of redirection to toys and chews.
I am hoping that my forever family will be awesome humans, lots of play, adventures, cuddles, but most importantly I need them
to be patient.
Some new things can make me a bit unsure and I need my family to be understanding that they'll need to work with me during
this big life change, hire a trainer and give me time to adjust.
My perfect match
- Be able to commit to coming to visit me a few times at the shelter before going into my forever home
- A family with patience
- Understanding that a lot of things are new to me, I may need time to adjust to my new surrounding
- Be proactive with my training, using a WAG approved trainer that will help me gain confidence and give my family the
tools they will need when I come across something that is scary to me
- Be ready for the 10+ year commitment
- Keep me healthy and happy with proper exercise and yearly vet visits.