Popcorn – Adoption Pending!
Breed: Domestic Shorthair
Age: 3 months old
Size: Small, but growing
Energy Level: Low, but expected to change with confidence
Litter trained? Yes
Kids? Older kids, with supervision
Cats? Yes, I would prefer a home with another cat
Dogs? Potentially, I am pretty nervous with people, so dogs may be too overwhelming for me
Medical Needs: Basic veterinary care
Hi, I'm Popcorn!
I have just arrived to WAG and wow, I am pretty scared.
Keep an eye on my profile, as I feel more comfortable and make friends with the volunteers, I'm sure I'll start showing my true personality.
I may never be a lap cat or a cat that loves visitors, I need a family that will be okay with me hiding when company comes over. I might even hiss or spat if I feel like my space isn't being respected.
I haven't experienced much stability in my life so far, so I am looking for a home that will offer me that, and lots of patience to help me adjust to being around people and being in a home.
My Purrrfect Match
- will be ready for a 15+ year commitment!
- have lots of patience while I learn to feel comfortable with my new family.
- someone who understands that I might not want to cuddle or be touched all the time.
- might have another feline companion in the house, I get along with other cats.
- will provide lots of enrichment, scratching towers, toys, catio etc.
- will keep my health in mind and take me into the vet for yearly checkups.
- understand that I am still developing and my personality may change over time!
- will keep me safe and happy, forever.
I was found by a concerned community member in Pemberton, it is thanks to her that I am alive. I was found cold and alone and not doing well. She brought me home and kept me warm and fed and brought me into PAWS - the Pemberton Animal Well Being Society there I gained a little confidence and showed interest in some of the other kitties. Due to flooding at the shelter, I have been transferred to WAG's care, where they will help me gain confidence and learn that humans can be trusted!
If you cannot adopt at this time, please consider donating to WAG or PAWS so they can continue to take in the animals that need a little more work!